Taking care of your body shouldn’t be an afterthought, and though physical stability is just as important as anything else, your mental well being—as well as your emotional state—deserve the very same treatment. With so many ways to go about achieving what you think is your best mental peace, though, how do you find the right fit for you?
Yoga Therapist in Portland:
Give Kimi Marin a try. Kimi has a variety of yoga programs and workshops through her company and her studios, including group classes, as well as one on one settings for people who need a little more attention to detail. This week, I talk with Kimi about what it is she does, and how she puts her own unique spin on her yoga classes. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Who Kimi Marin is, and the kind of classes she offers. With 8 years of experience with teaching yoga, Kimi explains that she offers the chance for people to relax through a variety of different avenues—including group settings, workshops, and one on one meetings. Her overall goal, however, remains the same across the board, as she hopes to generate a place where people can connect, and gain better self-awareness within a group of peers.
- Kimi explains how her group classes work, stating that they’re more about having people in a group setting connect with their breath in order to understand what’s going on with their lives. She encourages them to take a momentary break from being cluttered with the outside world, explaining that people are too busy nowadays, and what we’re really looking for is within us.
- Kimi also explains her one on one classes, and how they differ from group settings. She uses the tools of yoga (breathwork, mindfulness, physical postures) to aid people into a more helpful balance in the body through a one on one connection, whether that be by meeting people in their homes, or scheduling private studio time.
- Kimi discusses the way her schedules work, stating that group classes tend to draw the same crowd of people. They’re set classes that happen in various locations around Portland, and though people come in, it tends to be full of regulars, giving the classes a community and atmosphere where everyone gets to know each other and create a certain comfort level.
- Kimi tells us the benefits of group classes over her one on one classes, and vice versa, stating that one on one classes tend to give someone more attention if they’re having specific problems, wherein a group setting, it wouldn’t exactly be brought up. One on one settings also gives people a chance to learn what is going on on an emotional level and not just the physical level.
- Kimi talks about what one can do to really feel the benefits of yoga every day, explaining that the physical exercise and poses aren’t always necessary. In fact, doing something as easy as taking deep breaths from your diaphragm will help lower your stress levels and give your body a more relaxed state overall.
- Kimi talks with us about how eating and a healthy diet can affect your overall well being in conjunction with yoga, stating that deep breath and connect with your mind (and your nervous system) can help aid in digestion problems, giving people a better quality of life overall.
- Lastly, Kimi talks with us about her retreats, stating that she likes to plan them around various goddesses and elements from mythology. With a masters degree in literature, Kimi uses her passion to really inspire people by connecting what these goddesses and elements did into what’s happening in our lives, giving people a chance to explore something new in the process of doing their exercises.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kimi Marin
- Thrive Yoga OC
- Imagine Yoga Studio
- Clean Eating
- The Peoples Yoga
- Workshops and Events
Did Kimi not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No worries! You can contact Kimi at the social media links listed above, or through her website, by sending her an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kimi is a wonderfully smart woman with a lot of insight on how we should be treating ourselves, and with a unique approach that separates her from her typical yoga studio, her classes are definitely worth checking out. Visit the scheduling link about to see when she’s teaching, and maybe you can stop in soon, too!