Expecting moms, moms with newborns, and folks with families in general: you’re gonna want to listen to this episode. This week, I sit down and talk with Meg Wise of Uniquely Wise Photography. She’s an awesome photographer who specializes in maternity, newborn, and family photography, and she is the real deal: she won Best Maternity Photographer in Portland by Expertise in 2017!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Her studio (located in northwest Portland), and the difference between lifestyle photography and studio photography. Lifestyle photography just means she’s taking your photographs in your home rather than in her studio. Meg loves doing both equally!
- Why she chose to specialize in family photography. She loves helping moms capture all their special moments in their everyday lives—the moments in between the posed shots.
- Her experience. Meg has been doing photography since high school—over fifteen years! And she’s always trying to better herself as a photographer by taking classes and learning new skills so you know you’re getting the best possible photographs you can have.
- What the average session is like. Most sessions are an hour long, but newborn sessions can last up to three and a half hours! Meg also goes into a bit more detail on what the average newborn session is like and what new parents can expect at their shoot.
- Some of her marketing strategies. One of her biggest things is a resource guide she created for new and expecting families. Her thought was, when she was pregnant, she didn’t have that many resources, so she wanted to make sure expecting families had everything they could possibly need at their fingertips.
- Her favorite place in Portland is… Via Delizia! Meg makes the bold claim that they have the BEST gelato.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Meg is an incredible woman and an awesome photographer. If you’re not certain of whether or not you should get a photographer or just try to DIY with your own camera, Meg has the best way of thinking about it: even if you buy a fancy pot, the chef does the cooking, not the pot. And just looking at her work, you know you want her taking care of you!
Uniquely Wise Photography: