Have you ever wanted to take a cooking class? There are a lot of great places to learn here in Portland, but many may feel like they are geared more towards folks who already have cooking experience. Thankfully, there is a place you can go if you’re interested in learning: Portland’s Culinary Workshop!
Portland’s Culinary Workshop: Incredible Cooking School
It’s an incredible cooking school driven by hands-on learning specifically geared toward the public in the Portland Area. This workshop is helmed by Melinda Casady and Susana Holloway, and Susana joins me on the podcast to talk all about Portland’s Culinary Workshop!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- How Portland’s Culinary Workshop came to be. Susana and her business partner, Melinda, knew each other for years before and have a long history as professionally trained cooks and chefs. Seven years ago, Melinda proposed the idea of opening their own cooking school together.
- What kind of classes they offer. Their class list is extremely varied! From butchery to kid’s cuisine, if you look at their list, you’re bound to find something that interests you.
- What the schedule looks like. Most classes are in the evening, but they offer daytime classes during the week on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. They also offer kid-specific classes on the weekends.
- How classes work. At other cooking schools, you can expect to come once a week for six weeks, but with Portland’s Culinary Workshop, each class is one and done—though they do offer two-part classes if the information is too much to contain in one class!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Portland’s Culinary Workshop
- Real Food Traveler
- Eliot Neighborhood
- Zoom Info
At Portland’s Culinary Workshop, there is something for everyone. All you need to bring is your smile; the workshop will provide the rest! Susana encourages you to think of the kitchen while you’re there, so check out Portland’s Culinary Workshop and find out why it could be right for you!