When it comes to knowing who you are, and how you can control your life, it comes down to being aware of yourself in a way that allows your brain to hone in on specifics things. Mindfulness is important when it comes to being able to properly run a business, or live the best life at home, or sometimes a combination of both! Life can be stressful and can throw things at you that you don’t always understand, but being able to find a sense of peace in yourself to conquer those things and persevere towards your dreams and your aspirations are important for your professional and personal success.
That’s where people like Danielle Savory can help. As a certified life coach, Danielle uses the practices of Modern Mindfulness to help people find their peace of mind through a variety of techniques that she’s studied over her years with experience. Together, Danielle and I talk about what her coaching sessions are like, what kind of things she teaches to other people, and the ways in which you can connect with her if you’re interested in getting some modern mindfulness! Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- What it is that Danielle does! She’s a master certified life coach who specializes in teaching modern mindfulness. She’s spent the last decade with her personal practice—which is built from the previous education of modern mindfulness—and integrates those ideas into real life, and teaches those ideals in the world using workshops, in corporate settings, or at live speaking events!
- Danielle explains to us what modern mindfulness is, stating that it’s about taking ancient practices (like buddhist influences) and applying them to modern life, and putting real life experiences into play. Using her formal education background in neuroscience, Danielle approaches mindfulness in her own way to help people achieve a sense of calm in their lives.
- Danielle tells us some of the ways to practice modern mindfulness in the home! A lot of people tend to go to meditation first, and Danielle agrees that its part of what she teaches, but some people aren’t ready for it in that moment. Danielle also teaches ways to drop into stillness, with a focus on bringing a presence of mind to what’s going on in your moment to moment life. Some clients have very busy lifestyles, and for them, it’s about teaching how to work on deeper breaths, and tapping into their senses, and focuses on what that brings up for you!
- Danielle also explains that any type of mindfulness practice has far-reaching benefits, and one of the things she focuses on revolves around increasing the grey matter parts in your brain. Grey matter focuses on a part of our brain that allows us to notice what’s happening internally, and when we start to check in with our body more regularly, we realize that our emotions have a physical component in the body. When we start to notice these things, we can tap into the body to know what’s going on, and gives you more intelligence when you move throughout the world.
- Danielle talks to us about what you can expect when you interact with her during a session! She sees mindfulness as the way into everything—it’s not the end game, but it gives us this way of being in the world and allowing us to have more awareness. Once we have that, we can learn what it is we’re trying to cultivate more of, and we can spend our time working towards it. Her life coaching sessions help with the cultivation of the qualities of mind that you’re working on creating and allows you to uncover those thoughts that you need to work on creating more of.
- Danielle explains to us her idea of the perfect client is, stating that people who would describe their lives as busy or full would be wonderful candidates. People who have a lot on their plate—whether it be personally, professionally, or both—are people who would benefit from mindfulness. These people are usually achievers and have a sense of wanting to make an imprint in their life with high aspirations, and they’re looking for ways to get through the change with more ease and confidence, and wanting to feel that continuous motivation without doubt or judgment.
- Danielle tells us about a 6-week course she runs 3 – 4 times a year for women, called Befriending and Becoming. It’s her signature course, she says, with women all over the world. Additionally, she brings clients up for a one on one immersion session in a retreat facility in the mountains she’s working to restore. It’s about planning, dreaming, and working on the mindset and the practices needed to incorporate that mindset into your everyday life.
- Danielle tells us how she got started! When she was in college, she was studying to be a doctor, but she minored in philosophy all the while. She spent time studying mindfulness and contemplative religion, and she found she enjoyed it immensely. Later in life, she got to a place where she dealt with a lot of chronic pain that kept her bedridden for nearly 2 years, and during that time, she turned to meditation and learned the mind and body connection through it all. From there, she knew she needed to take these practices to other people who were struggling with the same issues.
- Danielle ends by telling us how to get in touch with her for coaching and one on one sessions, and implores that she interviews people before taking them up for immersion therapy to make sure that it’ll be a good fit for all parties involved! She also tells us about her new event coming up, and encourages you to join her if you have the chance to do so!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Danielle Savory
- Modern Mindfulness
- Befriending and Becoming
- Superwoman Summit
- Coaching Information
Did Danielle not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No problem! You can get in touch with Danielle through the contact tab on her website, or at the social media links listed above. It’s important to have a strong sense of self while navigating yourself through life and being able to understand your needs and how your body responds to these needs is something that Danielle can help you with, and she’s amazing at doing it!