I am so excited for our first ever guest on the PDX Small Business Network Podcast. She has been awesome and supportive of this podcast since its inception, and she runs one of the best alliance groups I have ever come across. Without further ado: everyone, please welcome Aria Leighty to the podcast!
Aria has her hands in several pies, but the main ones are Art ala Carte, an art studio that offers children full artistic freedom, Fox & Glitter, an awesome boutique based out of Portland, and most importantly, the MOB Nation (more on this below).
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- A little bit about her two businesses, Art ala Carte: its goals and mission, its success, and its inevitable comeback, and Fox & Glitter.
- The MOB Nation, which is the big reason why I wanted Aria on this podcast in the first place. “MOB” stands for Mommy Owned Business, and there are 4500 members in the main group!
- The paid version of the MOB, also known as the MOB Alliance, which gives the moms access to numerous resources and benefits, and any meetups or conferences that would otherwise cost money for entry.
- Plans to expand the MOB! There’s interest all across the country for this mommies-only club.
- Some of the awards the MOB has won. They’re currently up for a $25k grand prize in September!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Aria was so gracious and helped me out when I started this podcast in the first place, and I’m so grateful she agreed to come on for an interview for this episode. The MOB is truly one of the best things about working in Portland, and I’m sure after this episode you can understand why.
If you liked this episode, consider giving us a rating and review on iTunes and sharing this podcast on your social media!