When you’ve specialized in a variety of different things, combining them can be tricky if you don’t have the right grounds to do so. And, even if these things don’t necessarily start with something in common with one another, taking a deeper look and finding a way to weave all the aspects of your life into one cohesive system can make your life, and the lives of people that do the same things that you do, so much easier.
That’s what Melissa Jaffe is doing with Blissness School. By combining her expertise and years as a licensed attorney dealing with businesses and intellectual property with her love and dedication towards yoga, meditation, and practices for a good mind, Melissa has found a way to teach people how to better understand what they’re doing, as well as settling themselves as they do it. By making sure that people are mindful of how they’re working, Melissa is effectively changing the way people do their business and find peace in their lives. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- What gave Melissa the idea to start something like Blissness School. Over the last 20 years of her working in corporate business, Melissa noticed that there wasn’t a lot of spaciousness to be creative all the time, especially in the world of law. People weren’t happy, and Melissa started to utilize some of the practices she’d learned in other parts of her life—her yoga and meditation classes—and soon created a place to learn how to be self-accepting, more effective at work, and more empowered. Blissness School!
- Melissa tells us how Blissness School got started, with her just recording segments of video that demystified business law. People would often freak out, she says, and bury their heads in the sand, which is the opposite of what you want to do as a small business owner. Other people began to come to her with great things to offer, and since then, she’s been teaching about business law, intellectual property, how to manage passive income streams, scale up and franchise, and how to understand your own business. Additionally, Melissa also offers a mentorship package, where she works with people one on one.
- Melissa tells us about the biggest mistake that people make when it comes to knowing the law, stating that people either don’t use a contract, or they use someone else’s contract. She’s seen it with her own clients, and after a certain point, no lawyer can help you. If you don’t have the right words, or if you’re not acting in accordance with what you say you’re going to do, it’s not going to work well for you, and you’ll pay for it.
- Melissa also explains that, while some people don’t want to be tied down and have the freedom to change their minds, that’s a dangerous place to operate from in business. People come to you for a reason, and you need to be clear with yourself and them during your interaction. When you’re not clear, that’s when you get problems. The contract isn’t about the paper, it’s about the promise to do or not do something. You need to know everything, but you need to know where you’re going so you can have a discussion when you deviate from the plan. That’s what helps maintain and preserve relationships.
- Melissa tells us about the various events that Blissness School hosts! On top of the retreats they’re beginning, Blissness is a place to come to learn about empowerment. Some of the headier places like law can be intimidating, and by focusing on the body and the mind, Melissa has successfully started to cleanse challenges and meditation challenges that help affect the mind and the way people face work. By reevaluating what you’re putting your body and taking it one step at a time, you can see what helps in shifting your mental state, and what makes you more effective.
- Melissa explains what happens when you sign up for a challenge, saying that you get an email every day! After consulting with experts, Melissa has found that meeting people where they are is a great place to start. So, for example, before you jump into the cleanse challenge, they’ll encourage you to start a pre-cleanse. Cutting out coffee, maybe, or cutting back on drinking a beer at the end of the day. In addition to taking small starting steps, Melissa also holds Facebook lives on their public group page that shows her also taking part in the challenge with things that you can try yourself!
- Melissa explains to us what makes her put time and effort into Blissness, stating that it believes that we’re all spiritual beings. She’s been studying that concept for so long, and she really sees making money as a byproduct of feeling like you’re living your true purpose. After studying the law, yoga, and meditation, Melissa has seen the difference, and it’s her sincerest pleasure to share it with others. You don’t have to be hard on yourself, things can be easier than they are right now, and it brings her a lot of joy.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Did Melissa not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No problem! You can contact Melissa, or through any of the social media listed above. Being able to blend what’s important to her in one place makes Melissa a powerhouse of what she does, and getting to share that enlightenment with other people gives both her and her clients, a sense of relief and joy!