Can you hear that? No, I’m not talking about the podcast—it’s the sound of music! Today’s guest on the PDX Small Business Network Podcast is Dr. Miriam Ward of the Rose City Music Academy. Rose City Music Academy operates primarily out of the west side of Portland and offers music lessons to both children and adults, primarily in string instruments such as violin, viola, and cello and others like piano, voice, and guitar.
Miriam herself is an accomplished viola player and is also the brains behind the Rose City Music Academy. She and I have a long, awesome conversation about all the little nuances of her business, their offerings, and so on. If you have any interest in music at all, you’re seriously going to love all of the stuff we talk about.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- All the things that Rose City Music Academy can offer to its students, ranging from lessons to recitals to summer camps and more.
- Programs and offerings to those interested in music but may not be ready to make the full commitment yet.
- The difference between a viola and violin (the viola is actually the bigger one!).
- How to go about purchasing or renting an instrument. Rule number one: don’t order off the Internet!
- How businesses like the Rose City Music Academy can market themselves. Word of mouth is big!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Listen, Miriam and I cover so much stuff in thirty minutes that it’s impossible to list everything out here for you, so you’re just going to have to sit down and listen to the full episode. Miriam was an awesome, informative guest, and anyone who is interested in music or is running a business similar to hers will find value in her insights.
Rose City Music Academy in Pictures: