What’s the genuine Pacific Northwest food experience? If you’re having trouble figuring that out for yourself, then you’re definitely going to love this episode. Today, I’m sitting down with Julia Webster, one of the co-owners of Etc… Eatery Pacific Northwest Food Specialists which is a dining experience described as being “Pacific Northwest food for Pacific Northwest People”.
Interested? You should be! Etc… Eatery isn’t open yet (September 9th-10th; mark your calendars), but they’re already making a name for themselves around Portland! They stay true to their mission by sourcing locally and even invite food truck chefs to serve out of their kitchen. How cool, right?
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- The origins of Etc… Eatery Pacific Northwest Food Specialists and their journey from idea meetings to their first ever storefront, which opens in early September. Also, wondering where the name ‘Etc… Eatery’ comes from? Julia tells the story!
- How she got started cooking. Turns out, she’s had a passion for it since she was very young.
- Some of the struggles the restaurant has faced—including a burglary that left them out $15k worth of equipment, and how they bounced back with the help and support of the community (namely, The MOB NW).
- What services they offer, ranging from catering to their awesome mobile bartending. The mobile bar is built into a refurbished horse trailer. How cool is that?
- What we can expect from the restaurant itself. This place sounds so awesome, you guys; it’s got everything: a bar, a café lounge, and even a place where children can entertain themselves with art.
- Julia’s favorite and must-visit spot in Portland!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Look, Julia and I talk about a TON of stuff in this episode, so have a listen and find out how Etc… Eatery got its start and all the awesome things on the horizon for this great restaurant. If you love authentic PNW food or are looking for that authentic experience when you visit, Etc… Eatery is the place for you.